Friday, April 4, 2014

My latest Divorced Moms column is out! Enjoy.

7 Tips for Going Public with Your Divorce Story

April 03, 2014
By Lizzy Smith                
            
1417760_10201643695390443_503954268_o.jpg

You’re getting a divorce. Almost as hard as reaching that decision is making The Announcement to the world. Who should you tell and how should you tell it? There are those who say almost nothing. And then there are those (like me) who go public and say it all.

My journey to blogging and sharing my journey of marriage to an alcoholic, escape, and survival started a year ago. After I left my husband, he threatened to tell the children what a horrible person I was. He told mutual friends absolute lies about me (that I was a thief, a liar, was faking my cancer diagnosis just so I didn’t have to work, and so much more). I was trying to make sense of it all.

Keep reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment