Monday, January 20, 2014

Divorced Moms column is out! Choosing Divorce: 5 Signs That It Was Time For Me to Pull the Plug

My latest Divorced Moms column is out! I love writing for this publication almost as much as I love reading it. What an amazing resource for those of us navigating the world of divorce. Enjoy!

Choosing Divorce: 5 Signs That It Was Time For Me to Pull the Plug
By Lizzy Smith, Contributor - January 20, 2014
Fotolia_50059509_XS.jpgI grew believing that marriage would be amazing. I’d fall in love and the two of us would have a beautiful wedding and then live the rest of our lives in bliss with kids and a nice home and vacations and lots of laughter.

And then reality set in.

My marriage started off with the fairytale but things went sour really fast. Instead of an amazing hubby, I got an alcoholic, which meant a home filled with chaos and abuse. The more I felt belittled, the less I liked him. At the end of the day, the only way to fix anything was by getting out.

Keep reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment