Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Divorced Moms Wedding Hell Series Part 5

 
 
Series Part 5 Marriage Hell: My (Very) Sad Wedding Day
by Lizzy Smith
June 09, 2014
How the heck did I end up married to a man I didn't love and then allow him to abuse me? Good question. I write my story in an effort to try to understand it myself. Welcome to the series, “Marriage Hell.”

The day of our wedding arrived and I got up really early. First, I started cutting up fruit for a gigantic fruit platter. It took forever as a sliced, cut and rinsed. I started crying while Rob slept soundly. When that was done, I started getting dressed. I loved my wedding dress, Morgan looked gorgeous in her pink flower girl dress, and Nicky looked so pretty, too. Rob wore navy linen shorts and a cream colored short sleeved shirt from Tommy Bahama. On his feet were nice leather men’s flip flops. It was a very nice look for all of us—pretty, casual, and perfect for an outdoor summer San Diego wedding.

By all accounts, our wedding and reception was going to be beautiful and fun. And yet I was in a panic. I had a vision. I wanted, more than anything I've ever wanted in my entire life, to get in my car, wedding dress and all, and drive to Tom's house and not show up for my wedding. I had a million scenarios in my head on how that would work. Just like in a movie. I'd show up on Tom's doorstep. He would be there, see me, I'd tell him I loved him and I almost made a big mistake. He'd grab me and kiss me and then we'd live happily ever after. I couldn't quite imagine in my head I would explain it all our wedding guests on why I didn't show up. Or how I'd tell Rob. Or how I'd move out of our big house and get out from under that financial albatross. Or how I’d explain to Morgan why I had made such a big mistake and then backtracked out of it and all of it was a big “never mind.”

Keep reading http://divorcedmoms.com/blogs/lizzy-smilez/series-part-5-marriage-hell-my-very-sad-wedding-day

No comments:

Post a Comment