Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Milkweed Balm - My answer for intense leg and feet cramps?

Every once in awhile I come across a product that I find really amazing and helpful in my life. And when I do, I like to share. Since starting my new therapy for multiple myeloma of twice weekly infusion of Carfilzomib, once weekly 50 mg of Dexamethasone, daily Revlimid, -- all this for three weeks-- followed by one week off, and once per month Aridia, I get intense cramps in my legs and feet. I've written about this prior both here and in some articles at Myeloma Crowd (www.myelomacrowd.org). I have woken up in the middle of the night whimpering in pain. The only thing that has semi-worked (until now) is waking up, walking around, massaging peppermint oil vigorously into the cramped areas, and waiting it out. It is not conducive to a restful night's sleep- that's for sure. Once the cramping is gone, I sleep with pillows under my knees, thereby creating a tent-like effect and protecting the positioning of my legs and feet.

And then I came across Milkweed Balm. It's a lotion that smells ok. Different, but worth it. The cost is $12 for the lotion and $25 for a roll-on, so it is quite affordable. The company touts the lotion as a way to ease pain, whether it be incision pain, sports injuries, chemo pain like neuropathy, eczema, inflammation and, in my case, cramping.
Milkweed Balm fights pain. Filled with Omega 7 fatty acids, anti-inflammatory agents, antioxidants, phosphorous, calcium, magnesium and zinc, Milkweed Oil helps alleviate pain topically. Just put it on where it hurts. Milkweed Oil has a cumulative effect, so the more you use it to begin with, the less pain you will need to reapply in the future.
I'll try just about anything! So I did. Within one week of using it every morning and evening on my feet and calves, I have yet to get another one of those horrible muscle cramps. Not one. From one every night on the days I get Carfilzomib to zero. It's been a month and they haven't been back. Is it because of the Milkweed Balm? I have literally done nothing else. I haven't even used my peppermint oils that helped once I got the cramps. No extra vitamins or medications-- nothing at all. So... I will say it certainly helped and may be the reason they've stopped.

The company offers a free trial sample. Why not check it out? To order, or for more information, visit http://milkweed-balm.myshopify.com or call 800-621-3696. In my world, if it doesn't hurt me, I'll try just about anything. And, of course, if you're under doctor's care, talk to him or her about it prior to starting any new alternative treatments.

No comments:

Post a Comment