Tuesday, May 26, 2015

12 Items To Spruce Up Your Wardrobe For Summer. My latest via Divorced Moms

My latest via Divorced Moms. Happy Tuesday!

Summer Wardrobe Refresh! 12 Items To Spruce Up Your Summer Look
by Lizzy Smith                    
May 26, 2015
Share on Tumblr
Summer Wardrobe White dress.jpg
1. White Sundress
I love sundresses. They're the easiest way to get dressed in the morning: simply put on a pair of panties, perhaps a bra, sundress and a pair of cute sandals. All done. For this season, a white dress is essential. Nothing speaks pretty simplicity than white. Most every retailer has an option to suit any budget. My favorite is this one from Anthropologie, retailing at $138.

2. Pedicure
Pick a bold, bright color. Since likely you'll be wearing sandals and flip flops, having nice toes is essential.

3. A New Hair Color
Try going for a whole new color that's not "you." While you're at it, get a good trim and maybe even splurge on a scalp massage.

4. Statement Sunglasses
I love wearing funky sunglasses. Pick a pair that you like, perhaps two, and keep your eyes happy (and stylish) all summer long.

5. Flip Flops With Bling
A new pair of fun flip flops are a summer must-have. Personally, I love lots of bling on them. The great news about lizzy3.jpgflip flops is that they are available for just about any price. At Ross, you can find many options under $15. Nordstrom's shoe section leaves me weak in the knees but the prices are a lot more than at Ross or Target.

6. Swimsuit
There are swimsuits perfect for laying out, and then there are those made for doing stuff. A month ago, I went to Ahtleta and purchased two pairs of board shorts and two tops-- one bikini, the other a more covered version. Both are amazing for snorkeling and doing athletic activities without worrying that you're showing your breasts or your bottoms are riding up your bum. Ahtleta's quality is fabulous and the bigger price tag is well worth it. In the photo here, I'm wearing both the shorts and top from Athleta. That day, we went snorkeling in Roatan, Honduras and not once did I need to tug, pull or readjust my swimsuit. Plus, after we were done, I simply threw on a white skirt and it was appropriate to go out to a nice restaurant for lunch afterwards. Dang I love it when swimwear is so versatile.
summer wardrobe board shorts.gif
7. Shorts
A new pair of shorts (or three) are a summer wardrobe essential. This year, I purchased a few pair from Ann Taylor Loft that were outside my comfort zone of the typical solid colors. I purchased them during a 50% off sale so they were less than $30 per pair. Plus, I love the length-- not too short, not too long. With a nice top, they're a bit dressy.

8. Straw Bag
A cross between a purse and a beach bag, an oversized straw bag is the perfect choice for the summer. It should be big enough to fit all your essentials (like money pouch, cell phone, keys, and lip balm) plus extras, like a beach towel, book, sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat. I found some cute options at Target for under $30.

Keep reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment