Thursday, September 18, 2014

Divorced Moms: 10 Fall Fashion Trends I Can't Live Without

From Divorced Moms, this column is about one of my favorite subjects: fashion and clothes! One of the most exciting things to happen to me in a long time was going to DSW over Labor Day. That had a crazy sale and I purchased nine pairs of new shoes. It made me happy for, like, nine hours-- about one hour per pair of shoes. I thought that not a bad thing. Ok, so I am at the point now where wearing my summer clothes is just not right. It's been so hot here and I'm wearing my sundresses and shorts and I'm just over it! I love complaining about the weather, why is that?

And while I'm thinking about clothes, I have a few fun trips coming up. I am going to a family wedding with William in Kansas City that is supposed to be spectacular. In October, the girls and I are going to Long Beach for five days. And in December, I am going to San Francisco to attend the American Society of Hematologists (ASH) annual conference and convention where I can learn more about the future of treatment for those of us struggling with hematological diseases and conditions, and then I will write about them. I am on a mission. Not sure what that mission is but I am on a quest to find meaning, love and fulfillment.

Now let's get back to the fun stuff: shoes, clothes, jackets and bags. Big smile here.

10 Fall Fashion Trends I Can't Live Without
by Lizzy Smith                     
September 18, 2014
Share on Tumblr
A few weeks ago, I went through my closet and purged. It wasn't easy but if I hadn't worn something in two years, it became a Goodwill donation. Four enormous trash bags later, I have lots of extra space to fill. So as not to get distracted when I hit the shops, I made a list of items that I can't live without. Here goes.

1. Skinny Jeans
 dm skinny jeans.png
I absolutely love skinny jeans and if they ever go out of style, I'll be wearing them anyway. They are so comfy, go well with any top, and I'm not sure there's a shoe that doesn't work well with them, from boots to flip-flops. You can find a pair to fit any budget, from $20-$200. I have some from Old Navy, Banana Republic and Nordstrom. Personally, my favorite pair are J Brand.

2. Boots
 DM boots2.png
I am obsessed with boots in all styles and colors. Besides summer, I wear them all year long. They are warm and stylish. I don't own a pair yet like the ones pictured here but I'm on a quest.

3. Necklace
dm necklace.png
Personally, I am not a fan of chunky necklaces simply because after a few hours, they make my neck ache. That said, a long simple necklace is one of my favorite accessories and I wear one almost every day. I've picked them up from Old Navy to The Loft to vintage shops. I have them draped on a cute hook in my bedroom so they never get tangled up and they're easy to find.

Keep reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment