Monday, May 12, 2014

Divorced Moms column: 5 Tips to Managing Your Single Girls' Budget

My Divorced Moms column is out! This one is all about the money. Enjoy!

5 Tips to Managing Your Single Girls' Budget
by Lizzy Smith                     
May 12, 2014
Fotolia_63040787_XS.jpgWhen I was married, I hated managing and living on a budget. It was my duty and I did it but I dreaded it.

And now that I’m divorced, guess what? I still hate managing and living on a budget.

A few years ago, I read the Dave Ramsay plan for budgeting. He is a big advocate of cash and it made a lot of sense. But trying to convince my husband to go along with the Ramsay concept was an exercise in futility. It was just one more thing to argue about so I gave up.

After our split, the ball was in my court. It was time to set up my Single Mom Budget and figure out how I was going to manage my money. No one to argue with this time around. It took me a bit but I love the way it’s turned out.

Keep reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment