Tuesday, October 8, 2013

mPatient.org interviews Dr Fonseca of Mayo Clinic



Last summer between my two stem cell transplants, I took a little trip to Scottsdale, Arizona for a fourth opinion at Mayo Clinic. Dr Rafael Fonseca met with me for over an hour going over my medical records from Kaiser (who first diagnosed me), the University of Utah's Huntsman Cancer Institute (who was treating me), the notes from LDS Hospital (who gave me a third opinion), and the results from the tests done at Mayo Clinic. He was incredibly knowledgeable and thorough, and his bedside manners rocked.

I am excited to see that Dr Fonseca will be the interviewed on mPatient.org's radio interview on Friday, October 11 at 3PM CST. While I'll be in Long Beach on vacation, I'm going to do my very best to listen in. You can, too, by dialing in: (347) 637-2631. For more information, visit www.myelomacrowd.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment