Sunday, December 20, 2015

Got kids? Here are fun things to do with them over the Holiday Season school break

So while I may not be doing many of the items on my list this year (because I'm in the midst of a stem cell transplant), I've managed to do several. Plus, I rely on my husband and parents to pitch in. It's ok, that's what our support structure is for, right? Anyway, here is my latest via Divorced Moms.

Merry Christmas, my dear readers!
Lizzy

15 Fun Activities For The Holiday Season
by Lizzy Smith for Divorced Moms                    
Share on Tumblr
December 20, 2015
635546040239802207Fotolia_63711874_XS.jpgMost children are out of school for the next two weeks. I used to fear that time because I had no idea how to keep them busy while I was trying to finish up my plans for the holidays. And then I had a mind-switch. My children were the priority, not the upcoming holiday parties. So I really attempt to get all my Christmas shopping and decorating done before school lets out. Then I am free to have fun with them, some serious mommy-daughter time. We create memories the best we can.
Together, we developed a list of things to do and we work on getting around to doing many of them. Here goes:

Go to a Nutcracker performance
This is a tradition that we have had for years. We are lucky to have an incredible ballet company in Salt Lake City. But even local Nutcracker productions, even if it’s from an elementary school, really get us in the spirit of the holidays. And I love the costumes. They are dreamy.

Hit up local Holiday concerts
I don’t know about your town, but where we live, there is some kind of holidays concert almost every night of the week—at high schools, civic centers, churches… We hit up several each season.

Go to the symphony
Yesterday, my parents took my daughters to a 45-minute Christmas symphony that was especially for children. Santa was there and the symphony played to the backdrop of Frosty the Snowman. Even my daughters, who far prefer hip-hop, loved it.

Listen to Holiday music
I almost exclusively listen to a radio station that only plays holiday tunes. My daughters get tired of it but it reminds me that it is Christmas time!

Keep reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment